The respiratory system is regarded as one of the body’s most vital systems since it supplies the body with the oxygen it needs to survive. A partial or complete lack of oxygen can cause death because brain cells start to perish after almost four minutes without oxygen.
Due to the rise of numerous illnesses and viruses that specifically affect the respiratory system, respiratory disorders have recently attracted public attention and are the focus of many scientific studies. The EverFlo Oxygen Concentrator is here to help.
What is the EverFlo Device?
As medical technology advances, it is necessary to focus on creating new medical equipment to replace outdated ones that won’t function as effectively, safely, or comfortably going forward. This is extremely important as health crises continue to increase and exacerbate.
One of the contemporary medical equipment used to treat respiratory conditions is the Philips EverFlo oxygen concentrator. Using the purest oxygen available, this device aids those with respiratory issues in breathing more effortlessly.
How Does This Device Help in Treating Shortness of Breath and When Should it be Used?
The EverFlo oxygen concentrator is a medical device that increases your oxygen intake, especially if you have a medical condition that lowers your oxygen levels. The device eliminates other naturally-occurring gasses while drawing oxygen from the room and concentrating it for therapeutic purposes.
Accordingly, the machine works to provide the patient with the purest oxygen required for their condition, allowing them to breathe regularly and increasing the level of oxygen in their blood.
The EverFlo oxygen concentrator can be used for patients who are suffering from shortness of breath due to ailments such as:
- Asthma: Difficulty breathing is one of the primary symptoms of asthma. Therefore, lungs are more prone to the irritation that causes shortness of breath. In addition, asthma can affect people of all ages but it’s most likely to develop during childhood. It is very important to note that asthma symptoms can vary from nonexistent to severe in the same person. You can go a long time without having any symptoms and suddenly have periodic asthma attacks.
- Lung cancer: Lung cancer puts pressure on lungs, blocks airways, and causes inflammation in the respiratory system. All of these conditions can prevent your respiratory system from working properly, leading to severe problems in shortness of breath.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: COPD is a chronic inflammatory lung disease. It is typically caused by long-term exposure to irritating gasses, most often from cigarette smoke. Symptoms include shortness of breath, coughing, and wheezing.
- Flu virus: The “normal” flu is a viral infection that attacks the respiratory system (nose, throat, and lungs). At first, the flu may seem like a common cold with a runny nose and sore throat. However, colds develop slowly, whereas the flu tends to come suddenly, making the patient feel much worse than they would with a “normal” cold. Symptoms of the flu include: shortness of breath, fever, sweat, and cough.
- COVID-19: Shortness of breath is one of the hallmark symptoms of COVID-19. However, unlike many other conditions that can cause shortness of breath, this symptom can persist and can quickly escalate in people with COVID-19. Long COVID is particularly challenging in this regard.
How does the EverFlo Oxygen Concentrator Help?
What differentiates the EverFlo oxygen concentrator from other devices is its uniqueness. This generator is an oxygen therapy – it’s a way to get extra oxygen to breathe. Oxygen is a prescription medication and the doctor must approve the usage of this device and determine whether the patient must use it to treat their condition. The doctor also determines the amount of oxygen required and the length of time the patient must use the device.
What Distinguishes the EverFlo Device from Other Similar Devices?
EverFlo was designed in a very modern way to benefit people and make their lives easier. This device is different from other oxygen generators for a variety of reasons, including its light weight, ease of storage, the addition of wheels for mobility, the fact that it uses less electricity and produces less heat. The EverFlo device also doesn’t require ongoing maintenance, which reduces costs, it makes a gentler sound than other noisy ones, and it can most importantly be relied upon to produce pure oxygen.
The EverFlo device can be used anywhere, at any time. This enables a person to have a regular life without having to confine themselves to a home or hospital.
How Can You Get this Device?
When it comes to GBMS, our primary objective is to continue to provide patients in need, healthcare professionals, and medical institutions alike with the most up-to-date, high-quality medical equipment and supplies at competitive costs in order to facilitate their treatment plans.
As a result, we offer you the Philips EverFlo, a cutting-edge oxygen concentrator. For more information, click here.